Kursus Bahasa Inggris "my english"
- Describe living and non living things
- Biography, autobiography, magazine specification.
- 5 senses (see, listen, taste, feel,) touch
- 1. opening : background
- 2. contents : body of paragraphs
- 3. closing : conclusion
Polar bear is a very big white bear. We call it the polar bear because it lives inside the Artic Circle near the North Pole. There are no polar bear at the South Pole. Polar bears live at the North Pole. There is only snow, ice and water. There is not any land. These bears are three meters long, and weight 450 kilos. They can stand up on their back legs because they have very wide feet. They can use their front legs like arms. The polar ears can swim very well they can swim 120 kilometers out into the water. They catch fish and sea animals for food. They go into the sea when thay are afraid.
People like to kill the polar bears for their beautiful white coats. The government of Canada, the United State and Russia say that no one can kill polar bears now. They do not want all of these beautiful animals die.
1. What does the passage mainly discuss?
A. The size of polar bears.
B. Where polar bears live.
C. The habitat of polar bears
D. Why people hunt polar bears.
E. A brief description of Polar bears.
2. What is the main idea of the last paragraph?
A. Polar bears are very big animals.
B. Polar bears are tame animals.
C. Polar bears live at the North Pole.
D. There are no polar bears at the South Pole.
E. Polar bears are hunted because of their beautiful white coat.
3. Which of the following statement is NOT TRUE about a polar bear?
A. A polar bear weighs 450 kilos
B. A polar bear is three meters long.
C. A polar bear catches fish for food.
D. A polar bear goes into the sea when it is angry.
4. “A polar bear goes into the sea when it is afraid”
The underlined word is closest in meaning to …………….
Among pets, I like dogs the best because they are tamed animals and they can be trained as a man’s friend. I have a wonderful dog. I named him Volvo. You know, Volvo is a male dog. He is a Pomeranian dog and is about …uhm…two years old. That’s right two years old.
My dog is great. He has greyish-white fur, small ear, cone-shaped mouth. His paws are strong.
Well, my dear Volvo is a clever dog. He always barks loudly and noisily when there is a stranger coming to my house. He can also do many things such as sitting down quietly, bringing the newspaper to me, standing on his two hind feet, and shaking my hand.
I always take him to a grooming salon twice a month to have him bathed and to trim his fur neatly. Volvo eats dog’s food, fresh meal and drinks fresh milk. I don’t let him eat bones because they are not good for him.
1. What is the best title of the text above?
- My best dog
- A clever dog
- A wonderful dog
- A Pomeranian dog
2. Volvo can do the followings, except…
- Standing on his two hind feet
- Bringing the newspaper
- Sitting down quietly
- Grooming its fur
- Shaking hand
3. What does Volvo’s fur look like?
4. I always take him to a grooming salon twice a month to have him bathed.
The underlined phrase means…
- Volvo never takes a bath
- Volvo is bathing himself
- The writer takes a bath twice a month
- A person in a grooming salon have a bath with Volvo
- The writer asks someone in grooming salon to bathe Volvo
Kursus Bahasa Inggris "my english" Telp. 0811.968.0678